Gold Bond® BRAND XP® Gypsum Board with Sporgard™* was developed as an improved moisture resistant board, offering the same advantages of a traditional moisture resistant board with added mold resistance in the core and paper. XP Gypsum Board panels consist of a specially treated, fire-resistant, gypsum core encased in a heavy mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, National Gypsum's original PURPLE® paper on the face side and a heavy, mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, gray paper on the back side.
XP Gypsum Board was designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew compared to standard gypsum board products. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of the panels are tapered.
Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm® BRAND Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Compounds. For optimum mold and mildew performance, ProForm® BRAND XP® Ready Mix is recommended for use.
XP Gypsum Board may be installed in all wall and ceiling applications and is ideally suited where enhanced moisture and mold resistance is desired.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- XP Gypsum Board is moisture resistant and can be used as a tile backer board in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure such as toilet/sink areas and wall and ceiling areas above tile in tubs and showers.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Scores and snaps easily, no special handling requirements.
- Less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C473.