Gold Bond® BRAND Gypsum Board panels consist of a fire-resistant gypsum core encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
Long edges of the panels are tapered or square. Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm® BRAND Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Compounds.
- 1/2" - For single-layer interior use in residential construction and non-rated commercial construction.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
- Gypsum Board is easily cut for quick installation, permitting painting or other decoration and the installation of metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes is negligible